— Seattle online retailer Zulily is teaming up with women’s professional soccer team Seattle Reign FC for an event designed to encourage women leaders to thrive in all walks of life, whether they be team leaders or CEOs. At the Top of Your Game will feature a variety of women leaders sharing their stories and giving advice to women aspiring to leadership roles and those who can help them get there. The event is free (with registration) and takes place on Sept. 5.
— The Seattle area has no shortage of science fiction and fantasy conventions. The latest is Rustycon, which takes place at the Hilton Bellevue Sept. 6-8. The show, now in its 36th year, is a celebration of novelists, artists and game creators in the science fiction and fantasy space. It features a chance to see and buy some one-of-a-kind art, speak to authors, and play upcoming games.
Here are more highlights from the 10minmail Calendar:
- Seattle API Conference 2019: A community event where developers can learn about APIs at The Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center in Seattle; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 5.
- The Game-Changing Guide to Fundraising for Your Startup: A workshop for founders who would like to learn all the details about raising capital at General Assembly in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 5.
- Partner Power Hour: Life After Bootcamp: A presentation about strategies for building a career after attending an engineering bootcamp at Code Fellows in Seattle; 12:15 to 1 p.m., Friday, Sept. 6.
- Cause-Effect One-Day Conference: A conference for product and marketing professionals about understanding customer behavior and product vision at Create 33 in Seattle; Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- Geeks on Floats: A one-day excursion from Seattle to Vancouver for professionals in the tech community to meet and network, leaving from the Kenmore Air South Lake Union Terminal in Seattle; Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: A panel where three local company founders talk about their experiences selling companies, at The World Trade Center in Seattle; 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- NGINX Conf 2019: A two-day conference for developers to learn about NGINX technology at The Sheraton Grand Seattle in Seattle; Tuesday, Sept. 10 and Wednesday, Sept. 11.
- Black Women Talk Tech Seattle Chapter Launch Party: An event celebrating the launch of the new Seattle-based Black Women Talk Tech Chapter at Davis Wright Tremaine LLP in Seattle; 6 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- Meet Gretchen McCulloch Author of Because Internet: An event discussing the book Because Internet, which explores how the Internet is affecting the English language, at Textio in Seattle; 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 10.
For more upcoming events, check out the 10minmail Calendar, where you can find meetups, conferences, startup events, and geeky gatherings in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Organizing an event? Submit details here.